At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a curious, analytical, results-driven performance marketing expert to build and execute on the overall Paid Marketing strategy with the goal of doubling new MQLs from paid channels. This role resides in our Growth Marketing team which sits at the intersection of marketing, data, and technology with the overall responsibility for driving continued revenue and pipeline growth for Mixpanel.
In this role, you’ll work within a cross-functional growth team (Engineering, Analytics, Creative Studio, Design, Web, and Product) to identify and scale new opportunities to improve paid lead generation for Mixpanel be it through SEM, paid social, offline campaigns, content syndication, or other programs you’ll launch, experiment with, iterate on, and manage
We’re looking for someone to:
- Build the overall Paid strategy and plan for Mixpanel, proactively identifying strategic opportunities and levers for business impact
- Create and manage multiple paid programs to grow web traffic and lead conversion: launch and scale new ad campaigns, improve landing page experiences, and test new channels
- Own the optimization and management of paid search programs, across Google and Bing, including structure & targeting improvements, search query mining, keyword expansion, landing page testing, and improvement of bid management processes
- Manage day-to-day digital agency relationship to continue to drive improved performance
- Pull and analyze reports to extract insights and transform those insights into actionable changes that will accelerate performance. Proactively find new opportunities for growth and efficiency gains.
- Research and leverage SEM and online advertising industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing and campaign strategies
- Work with the Business Operations and Analytics team to create dashboards to track progress on key initiatives and vigilantly monitor and report on campaign performance—communicating learnings, best practices, and results to internal stakeholders/executives
- Use web analytics (Mixpanel and Google) to monitor, analyze, and optimize paid campaigns, traffic trends, and customer acquisition metrics through weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports/deep dives
- Develop an effective optimization process to quickly identify and respond to changes in performance
- Own the ideas backlog and roadmap for paid acquisition, with an eye toward constant experimentation and improvement
- Experienced. 3+ years of SEM, display, and/or paid social experience where you’ve delivered big results through meticulous, data-informed analysis
- Problem Solver. You love solving puzzles, are highly detail-oriented, and easily tease out trends/insights from complex data sets
- Self-driven work ethic. You’re a highly organized, energetic, self-starter who takes initiative and works effectively with little oversight. You ramp quickly, prioritize based on impact, and manage your work by clearly tying projects to the goals of the business.
- Numbers-orientated. You love going deep into the numbers and are highly analytical/ROI focused. You’re a power user of Excel—you easily manipulate data, build reports, create “what if” and forecast models, and craft analyses that share insights and recommendations.
- Collaborative yet persistent. You thrive working in a highly demanding and fast-paced team environment where delivering results is paramount. You collaborate well with others, build consensus, and influence with persistence, grit, and data.
- Builder. You are an entrepreneur—creative, innovative, and motivated to design and build things where they do not already exist. You experiment, are flexible, and are forever curious about how to improve your craft.
Bonus skills & attributes:
- Quantitative or technical degree highly valued (Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience with other digital marketing channels—like SEO and content syndication—on a marketing team or ad agency
- Experience in digital agency, strategy consulting, or investment banking a plus
Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.