At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Paris, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Role
We are looking for an analytically minded, ambitious professional to join our Business Operations team. Business Operations sits at the cross-roads of Mixpanel’s teams, driving insights from the data and seeking solutions to accelerate growth.
As our Sales Operations Analyst, you will conduct research and lead in-depth analysis to help set the strategic direction for Mixpanel. You will use a mix of business knowledge, financial modeling and statistical insight to identify areas for growth, synthesize recommendations, and assist in the implementation of improvements.
- Maintain discrete sets of metrics for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Work with Sales leaders to define success criteria for initiatives and improve operational metrics
- Develop and improve internal processes, optimizing for strategic business outcomes
- Design, create, and maintain system reporting and dashboards (i.e. Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, FinancialForce)
- Collaborate with leaders to expand and enhance existing tools to best support organizational goals and objectives
- Participate in the design, implementation, and management of accurate revenue forecasting
- Assist in evaluating any new technology that would be beneficial to the organization
- Own components of ad hoc strategic projects. Examples include:
- Work with leaders to identify high potential prospects
- Raise visibility of business performance in a timely manner
- Make improvements to Salesforce implementation
- We're looking for someone who:
- 2+ years previous work experience in similar roles (consulting, business operations, private equity, etc.)
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Passionate about data management and the importance of data integrity
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Familiarity with manipulating data from various systems and multiple methods of research
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity or quick study with SQL, Mixpanel, CRM and other systems of record.
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.