At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
In the past year, Mixpanel released over 80 new features and we aren’t slowing down. Now we’re growing our product marketing team to build strategic go-to-market campaigns that accelerate awareness, adoption, and new revenue for the business.
As the product marketing lead for our core analytics product, you’ll launch new features, guide the sales team in positioning against the competition, and create tailored collateral for Mixpanel’s target personas.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 5-10 years of product marketing or product management experience, with at least 2 years working in B2B, SaaS, or the data and analytics space.
- Is a storyteller and expertly expands upon how features work to highlight use cases and business value for each target audience.
- Thrives with autonomy, enjoys solving challenging GTM problems, and is comfortable using data to inform their approach.
- Is organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize work based on what’s most impactful to the business.
- Understands the needs of a B2B sales team and has experience supporting deals
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience using analytics products, such as Mixpanel or Google Analytics.
- Have spent time marketing to any of the following audiences: product managers, developers, growth marketers, data and analytics professionals.
- Lead product marketing strategy and execution for Mixpanel’s core analytics product
- Work closely with Product Management and Tech Leads as a strategic voice within the “Analysis Product Group.”
- Launch new features, building messaging, content, and training that sets the GTM team up for success.
- Hone launch processes for efficiency and impact as we scale globally and expand our customer base.
- Own competitive analysis and positioning for analytics competitors
- Monitor win/loss rates and reasons and report findings back to the business.
- Build battlecards that summarize how Sales should approach deals when specific competitors are involved.
- Work with Enablement to build traps that translate feature differentiation to business value that competitors can’t deliver.
- Be the expert on Mixpanel’s commercial segment (50-1k employees) and a go-to resource for the Commercial Sales team
- Build pitch decks and collateral tailored to the needs of the commercial segment.
- Understand why we win and lose deals and translate that knowledge into new positioning and content.
- Execute creative programs that help us get into deals faster and set the decision-making criteria.
- Support strategic deals with custom use case recommendations, positioning and content.
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.