At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
We are looking for an analytically minded, ambitious professional to join our Sales Operations team. As a member of the Sales Operations team, you will have the unique opportunity to guide and implement sales strategy at a high growth, analytically-driven start-up.
About the Role:
- Partner with APAC and Global Sales Leadership as well as cross functional leaders (HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to drive territory planning, quota setting, sales reporting and sales compensation plan management.
- Collaborate with requisite business partners to develop and execute Sales management disciplines and processes including, but not limited to: field territory and named account assignments, weekly/quarterly forecast, QBRs, territory reviews and account planning, quota/budget allocation, etc. Drive many of these processes from start to finish.
- Support annual business planning process, including development of go-to-market business plan, territory and quota planning, and operational plan for Sales teams
- Help develop and manage variable compensation plan, including understanding sales behaviors and gathering field input. Contribute to managing bonus structures and spiffs.
- Manage critical sales initiatives with a drive to business predictability and transparency. Promote collaboration, knowledge sharing within and across company on sales processes as well as operational best practices
- Engage with sales reps, account managers, and sales leadership to get ongoing feedback on the sales process and structure, and to drive improvements
- Optimize Sales Operations to help the sales organization run effectively, efficiently, and in support of business strategies and objectives
- Help define, track and manage company key performance indicators (KPIs) associated with the business
- Drive, build, and scale repeatable business processes to continuously improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and cost.
We’re looking for someone who:
- 3+ years of experience in a sales operations role, preferably with a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company.
- Strong Sales Operations leadership experience & proven success in role.
- Strong analytical and data driven personality.
- Strength in building process, coaching & developing talent, and continuously driving KPI’s.
- Deep understanding of sales compensation, and territory and quota assignments.
- Experience with a nationwide sales force
- Experience leading high performance teams to consistently deliver
- Possesses business acumen, strong analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and provide practical business insights from complex data sets
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen!
- Strong team player; demonstrated ability to partner with sales, marketing, finance, and other cross functional departments.
- A great communicator. Self-aware, transparent, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Adaptability - you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it. You’re agile and resilient. You move quickly and encourage continued improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.