At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
As a Billing Analyst you'll be responsible for providing the highest level of service to our customers around billing, provisioning and payment related issues. You'll drive timely and accurate invoicing to help maximize revenue. This position requires attention to detail, a strong regard for improving processes, and strong communication skills.
- Review customer contracts for billing and payment information and create corresponding Sales Orders and Invoices in our accounting system (NetSuite) and setup customer plans in our home-grown billing and provisioning system
- Set up and maintain customer records in NetSuite
- Generate credit memos, account adjustments and refunds after ensuring proper approvals have been obtained
- Review customer accounts on a monthly basis and create invoices as applicable
- Respond to internal and external inquiries related to billing and contracts, working cross-functionally with Customer Success, Sales, Legal and other teams
- Perform customer account reconciliations as necessary and address discrepancies in a timely manner
- Participate in the monthly closing process for assigned areas of responsibility
- Assist with the development, introduction, and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years experience with Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Solid computer skills required, including Microsoft Excel and NetSuite
- Internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to take initiative, work flexibly and with a sense of urgency, and set priorities with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Bonus points if you have:
Industry experience in SaaS, Cloud, Software or High-tech
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.