At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
As a key player on Mixpanel’s brand design team, you will make an immediate and significant impact through design-driven storytelling while elevating our brand experience. You’ll work on a mix of small and large projects with Mixpanelers across the organization, from marketers and the internal culture team to executives and board members. As a visual designer on the Brand Design team, you'll have a tremendous amount of ownership over developing the brand that we apply to a diverse set of platforms and experiences.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Great communication skills. We're a distributed team, so frequent and clear communication in all forms is key.
- Self-driven work ethic. You are a highly organized self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- A fast problem solver. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
- Collaborate efficiently within a team setting. Comfortable working in a collaborative and informal environment working across divisions and with diverse teams.
- 4+ years of graphic design experience working at an agency or in-house
- You have a strong understanding of design principles including layout, typography, and design systems.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a breadth of creative work with brand design, advertising, and growth marketing work, UI experience across multiple platforms (web, desktop, mobile).
- Ability to create both print and digital graphics that are beautiful, on brand
- You don't need to code, but you should understand at a high-level how digital products are made.
- Organized and responsible. Able to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, and push projects further than expected
- Strong drive to broaden your skills and contribute to a high impact team.
- Experience working on responsive web design and collaborating with front end engineers
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Embrace an iterative design process and receptive to feedback
- Visuals that are clear, creative, and inspiring – your style is well executed, has a clear hierarchy, and expresses the brand cohesively and consistently.
- Deep familiarity with Sketch, Invision, Adobe creative suite, Office, etc.
Bonus skills & attributes
- Illustration and/or 3D
- HTML/CSS experience
- Animation and/or video skills
- Photography or video
- Motion design
Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.