Mixpanel's mission is to help the world learn from its data. We've built the world's most advanced analytics platform for mobile and web, and we are helping over 2,000 companies grow their businesses through analytics. Mixpanel analyzes 24+ billion actions every month, and we’re growing every day.
We are looking for an analytical, articulate and creative copywriter to spearhead our content strategy and be the voice of Mixpanel across our community: someone who will take our mission and embrace it as his or her own. You will represent Mixpanel across all outbound marketing efforts, and engage Mixpanel’s data-driven community of thousands with insightful, timely, and actionable content. We want someone who can work closely with our Product, Engineering and Solutions teams to understand complex questions our customers have and devise ways to use our large data set to answer them.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Can explain complicated concepts in a simple, linear and holistic way. (No jargon!)
- Has a passion for data, and an instinct for data-driven narratives.
- Can interpret large data sets (and technical concepts) and transform them into clear, engaging and unpretentious copy that helps companies make better business decisions.
- Will keep tabs on our customer support data and come up with new posts and topics that our customers will find helpful, insightful and delightful.
- Has 3+ years of copywriting experience, and a portfolio to show for it.
- Has a strong business instinct.
- Absolutely loves to write.
Bonus points if you:
- Have expertise in data science or software.
- Have experience writing in a software environment, for both technical and nontechnical readers.
- Have experience working in customer support or as a developer.
- Have dabbled in code (and liked it).
This position sits in our Marketing and Communications team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a highly analytical, data-driven team.
- Mixpanel has been profitable since Feb, 2012.
- We've raised $77M from: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Max Levchin, Michael/Xochi Birch, Keith Rabois, Marc Benioff, and David Sacks.
Throughout the interview process, a common question we get is: "So, what's Mixpanel's culture like?"
- Data driven - we're an analytics company and so we live and breathe by what the numbers tell us. We try to measure everything - it's who we are!
- Transparency - we strive to be really open and upfront with how we build our company. For example, the whole company knows how much revenue we make at any time.
- Speed is really important at Mixpanel. Being fast is an essential part of every experience at Mixpanel: from building products to finding solutions to customer problems to responding to potential new hires.
- Customer experience - our hope is to have the best customer support experience in the world. We'll do anything for our customers.
- Geeky - we're geeky people so don't be surprised when you come in.
- Education - we believe a big reason people quit their jobs is because they've stopped learning. Our goal is to provide resources for people in our company to keep challenging themselves and to be able to learn new things every day.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.