At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
Leverage Mixpanel hosted/sponsored events with a go-getter attitude and desire to drive pipeline and close business from in person connections, diligent follow-up and rigorous reporting.
What you will do:
- Build sales pipeline via conferences, trade shows and Mixpanel hosted events while meeting and exceeding lead generation quotas
- Research accounts likely to attend events, identify key players, generate interest, and schedule onsite meetings before events
- Clean, qualify and conduct a personal warm handoff and ensure prompt follow-up to appropriate sales team member
- Act as an internal liaison between sales & marketing teams to help close communication gaps.
- Contribute to achieving company revenue targets by conducting solution-oriented sales conversations with prospective customers
- Craft and prioritize strategic target account lists (through emailing, strategic calling, social selling, etc.)
- Partner closely with account executives to build and iterate on strategies
- Highly proficient in Mixpanel high-level messaging, including industry-specific focus
- Understand customers’ needs & effectively communicate how Mixpanel will meet them
- Ability to position Mixpanel differentiation and our sales engagement model
- Document all activity including use cases, timeframes, next steps in CRM
We’re looking for someone who:
- 2-3 years software sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- The ability to strike up conversations with Executives and ICs alike and quickly qualify their analytics needs
- Outbound prospecting experience
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude who thrives on in-person connections
- Ability to travel globally up to 50% of the time for events
- Documented success in a team environment turning unqualified leads into pipeline/revenue preferred
- Excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills required
- Ability to work well in a fast paced & growing team environment
- Self-directed, a quick study and an enthusiastic team player
- Prior experience with CRM systems
- Strong computer and application skills
- 4-year college degree
Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.