At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a content marketer to own the blog, plus thought leadership and mid-funnel content for Mixpanel. Whether the topic is understanding customers more deeply, testing new in-product experiences, or developing savvy engagement strategies, your goal will be to offer a thoughtful point of view to tens of thousands of readers that deepens their trust in Mixpanel.
This role has no content quotas or artificial activity metrics. You’ll know you’re successful when your content is being shared by customers and influencers in the market, and when it’s being read by people who eventually buy Mixpanel.
If you’re up for the challenge of building a stronger readership of product, market, and analytics professionals, and being a driving force in Mixpanel’s next wave of growth, this position is for you.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 3-8 years of content marketing and/or editorial experience, with experience working in B2B, SaaS, or the data and analytics space.
- Tells stories and communicates technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences, without using jargon.
- Exhibits extreme ownership of their work and has comfort using data to understand what’s working and isn’t within the content strategy.
- Is organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize work based on what’s most impactful to the business.
- Collaborates well cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Design.
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in a product management or analytics role but have a passion for writing and marketing.
- Have experience using analytics products, such as Mixpanel or Google Analytics.
- Have spent time writing for any of the following audiences: product managers, developers, growth marketers, data and analytics professionals.
- Lead the execution strategy for all of Mixpanel’s thought leadership content.
- Be the lead writer for The Signal, manage its publishing schedule, and coordinate with other contributors, both within and outside of Mixpanel.
- Own our product benchmarks series and lead the next wave of data-inspired content built from the 9T data points Mixpanel collects each year.
- Bring Mixpanel’s thought leadership strategy to life through unique topics that provide a thoughtful point of view to readers. Content types will include ebooks, white papers, infographics, and more.
- Build out and manage a team of contract writers who can help us increase content output when needed.
- Build creative plans for distributing your content to its target audience.
- Manage our blog newsletter and use social media to promote content to Mixpanel’s followers.
- Secure organic placements via search and 3rd-party newsletters.
- Collaborate with our demand generation team to thoughtfully place content into campaigns, such as email nurture programs.
- Partner with Digital Marketing to promote content to new audiences through paid channels.
- Own the success of your initiatives and constantly test new ways of doing things.
- Use Mixpanel to track your key metrics and find creative solutions for achieving your goals.
- Follow industry thought leaders, partners, and competitors to stay on top of trending topics where we can express our point of view.
- Stay in touch with content marketing best practices and incorporate them into your efforts.
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.