Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
As Mixpanel continues its global expansion, our Agency, Consulting and Global System Integrator (GSI) partners (collectively, “Solution Partners”) are increasingly integral to customer acquisition and retention, as well as to augmenting awareness of our capabilities in the marketplace.
We are looking for a Director of Alliance Partnerships to oversee and expand Mixpanel’s relationships with our Solution Partners. You will direct our Solution Partner strategy and positioning globally and drive the sales, marketing, & development lifecycle of our Solution Partner program, which includes recruitment, onboarding, activation & relationship management of those partners.
This role will be based in New York and requires an ability to lead cross-functional efforts across numerous teams, including sales, marketing, enablement and professional services, among others. In particular, you will collaborate with our sales, marketing & professional services leadership to build a thriving Solution Partner program that enables our ecosystem partners to generate sustainable services bookings, while supporting our efforts to grow recurring software revenue.
- Build a global portfolio of Solution Partners to drive revenue attainment, pipeline, and enhance market awareness
- Develop and scale an international team of Solution Partner Managers to support our Solution Partners
- Manage our onboarding & enablement program for Solution Partners to ensure their continued success through robust education and to maintain the integrity of our brand through quality partner engagements
- Collaborate with Sales, Professional Services and Marketing to refine our go-to-market strategy with Solution Partners, including a clear, joint-value proposition for each Solution Partner
- Drive a scalable and consistent approach by the Solution Partnerships team for enablement, account development, pipeline generation and management of Solution Partners.
- Work closely with Solution Partners to identify warm opportunities and create demand through lead generation activities. Also, align directly with Sales to properly leverage our partners for account access/introductions and expansion.
- Scale the operational infrastructure including defining sales/partner rules of engagement, advising on best practices, ensuring timely completion of strategic initiatives, and ensuring accurate team reporting
- Coordinate co-marketing initiatives & events with Solution Partners
We’re Looking for someone who:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
- 8+ years of experience navigating the enterprise software market
- 5+ years partnering with or working in digital agencies, strategic consultancies and/or GSIs
- Strong track record acquiring, growing and retaining partnerships
- Firm foundation in solution & relationship selling, strategic planning, account management and consultative business development.
- C-level engagement and negotiation, account strategy, domain expertise, executive selling, large deal management and team leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset with experience building and scaling partnership programs and ecosystems. Effective in dynamic, high-growth, fast paced environments.
- Robust analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities. Focused on metrics and operating within a data-informed organization.
- Hands-on with the ability to combine strong execution and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based organization, collaborate cross-functionally, and build alignment around goals and objectives
- Familiarity with analytics ecosystem and Mixpanel’s platform
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.