Mixpanel unlocks the ability for users to analyze and visualize trends in their user behavior and revenue data with ease. Through Mixpanel’s powerful yet user-friendly analytics platform, companies are able to gather insights to learn why things are happening, experiment with new experiences and messages, and continually iterate for growth, across any platform, ultimately helping them understand why users engage, retain, and convert.
With Mixpanel’s award-winning service, unmatched reliability and performance, and intelligent data science algorithms, over 26,000 companies, including Twitter, Time Inc., and Samsung, trust Mixpanel to help them identify opportunities to grow their business. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona and Singapore.
About the role:
In this role, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of Account Executives as well as developing and executing the sales strategy from acquisition of new business to nurturing and growing Mixpanels valuable corporate relationships. You will be comfortable in operating within a start-up environment and can make high quality decisions at pace. We are looking for someone who can act as both a sales leader and business leader whilst managing with compassion and respect.
- Directly manage a team of Account Executives focused on new customer logos
- Provide sales mentorship and coaching, elevate the team’s abilities to manage and close revenue
- Accurately forecast recurring revenue pipelines
- Constantly innovate ways to balance sales opportunities, client management and new customer onboarding responsibilities
- To have a "full customer life cycle" mentality
- To provide actionable feedback regarding building out a partner strategy
- Engage fully with all technical pre and post sales support
- To be a close partner to the SDR manager to ensure consistent lead flow is being actioned
- Focus on client success to create a pool of customers that will serve as references for sales and marketing purposes
- Work to develop and circulate the set of best practices that will serve as the foundation for this growing team
- Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with the product and marketing teams
- Be proactive about solving problems even if it’s outside of your area
- Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
We’re looking for someone who:
- BA/BS degree in a related field
- 7+ years of experience in a quota-carrying sales role
- 5+ years of experience in sales management and leadership
Bonus points if you:
- MBA degree or evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience with relevant sales methodologies and metrics
- Experience working in a SaaS startup
- Experience hiring and motivating seasoned account executives
- Experience managing individual sales reps as well as team leads
- Knowledge of CRM tools
- Excellent communication, client and time management, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to evaluate sound business opportunities, resolve conflicts, close deals and meet/exceed revenue goals
About our culture:
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.