Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
Mixpanel is seeking an experienced, self-motivated finance professional who will be a key player in supporting Mixpanel’s financial planning processes and providing analytical support to help drive the Company’s continued growth. This position will be responsible for performing financial and business analysis for their changing environment. This manager should be a well-rounded top performer with the desire to contribute and add innovative ideas to the expanding team. Additionally, this person will be partnering with individual department heads to understand expense drivers and will be involved with the Company’s P&L forecasting/reporting processes, monthly close processes, and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Work cross functionally to ensure accurate reporting on all financial metrics and key performance indicators
- Consolidate company P&L and provide analysis and presentation of monthly and quarterly financial and operational metrics including performance vs plan
- Support the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long range strategic planning
- Partner with department owners to provide operational analysis and reporting and to drive improvements to operating expense efficiency and forecasting
- Work closely with business partners to drive “investment to outcome” mentality; Ensure all investments are measured against desired outcomes and course correct when needed
- Proactively develop key financial analysis and insights to help enable to company to meet its monthly, quarterly, and annual targets, and strategic objectives
- Understand and communicate financial results and trends to management, and recommend appropriate course of action when results differ from plan
- Help to manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools, P&L outlooks and other accounting close processes
- Ad hoc projects, financial modeling, and analysis as needed
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve planning and reporting processes
- Develop key scorecards that provide senior management with insights into the health of the business
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis, new product development, and assistance with other ad-hoc financial projects as needed
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of finance experience with the majority of that experience spent in FP&A roles
- BS in Finance, Engineering, or Accounting preferred
- Strong Excel skills required
- System savvy, experience working with forecasting and reporting systems.
- Comfortable aggregating and manipulating large data sets from multiple systems to derive insightful analysis and create financial models
- SQL experience a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and systems skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and collaboratively work with team
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload
- Must be based in San Francisco, CA
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.