Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be providing technical assistance to computer system users at Mixpanel.
We’re looking for someone who:
- You are passionate about people, have a bias towards action, and are interested in learning IT fundamentals at a fast-paced technology company.
- You will maintain specific desktop and cloud software applications including provisioning and de-provisioning users.
- You will help with the onboarding, configuring, and deploying technology to new staff, as well as setting up employee equipment, including: adds, moves and changes.
- Provide high levels of customer service being the face of IT for all users in the office.
- You will be working with Audio/Visual equipment, both setting up and troubleshooting.
- You will also be responsible for the existing internet connectivity and VPN functionality.
- Oversees the daily performance of computer systems and peripheral equipment, along with maintaining account and inventory records.
- You love problem-solving and diagnosing/investigating technology issues that users may incur.
- Refers major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or managers for service.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and provide quality customer service.
- Periodic after-hour and weekend help desk functions.
Bonus points if you:
- Familiarity with G Suite, or alike.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OS X and Windows
- Intermediate knowledge of networking protocols.
- Exposure to basic scripting language.
- Exposure to voice and data telecommunications, remote access technologies and office connectivity systems.
- Ability to work efficiently, in an organized manner and with attention to detail.
- You have a good ability to communicate effectively regarding technical matters, both verbally and in writing.
- You have obtained a Technical or Associate’s degree or equivalent in education and experience required.
- Experience with an electronic help desk system.
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
FLSA Status: non-exempt