At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
We are looking for a creative, data-driven, ambitious professional to be our first marketer in EMEA, out of our London office. You will have the unique opportunity to guide and implement marketing strategy at a high growth, analytically-driven startup.
The ideal candidate is equal parts campaign execution wizard, operations guru, product evangelist, and growth optimizer. You are passionate about getting results through detailed planning, strong program management, and influencing cross-functional teams.
About the role:
- Campaign Execution & Pipeline Generation
- Own the execution of local marketing campaigns - from in market execution of new content and product releases to social media contests and customer marketing/advocacy programs.
- Lead the execution of field/channel events/webinars and ABM demand-generation programs that meet pipeline and sales revenue objectives for the territory.
- Identify and coordinate event sponsorships, including identifying new opportunities, managing materials, on-site logistics, sales outreach, follow up, and metrics/reporting.
- Write succinct promotional copy (emails, landing pages, invitations, etc.) for programs and develop event presentations.
- Identify and execute on areas that will optimize the marketing funnel - from stronger lead handoff to joint targeted campaigns.
- Help to translate HQ marketing content into regional relevant content.
- Planning & Operations
- Own the EMEA pipeline and awareness metrics - sharing insights and recommendations on how to continually improve and optimize for regional considerations.
- Collaborate in the planning and execute annual/quarterly marketing plans based on Mixpanel’s go-to-marketing strategy and in-territory sales plans.
- Be a conduit for in-market EMEA intelligence - from market trends to competition. Share insights back to HQ to help the teams adjust global plans.
- Establish and proactively manage the regional budget, being vigilant in tracking and evaluating results against ROI goals and generating learnings for improvement.
- Track and report on program status, action items, results, and deliverables across campaigns and programs.
- Represent the overall marketing department, promoting HQ programs, initiatives, and launches in sales and channel meetings.
- Partner Marketing, Communications, and Awareness
- Develop co-marketing partner plans and activities to drive market awareness of Mixpanel.
- Deploy joint Market Development funds and co-create programs with partners to drive pipeline, deal acceleration, and joint customer success programs.
- Meet frequently with solution partners and sales leads to plan and deliver in territory marketing activities.
- Develop the brand awareness of Mixpanel in EMEA, collaborating with headquarters to roll out new awareness campaigns.
- Identify key influencers that Mixpanel should win over and build programs to win them.
- Ensure local agencies & executives have the materials/context/guidance they need to communicate Mixpanel’s value to the world.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Savvy at managing digital and social activities with experience in either demand generation, channel marketing, or field/events marketing.
- Experience designing and executing marketing plans with sales teams that produce impactful results.
- Strong interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities.
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently. Highly analytical, collaborative, and solution-orientated.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Positive, high-energy attitude with a strong ownership mentality - from plan to execution.
- Highly organized and focused on the details and polish to make good campaigns great.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with B2B and SaaS marketing.
- Previous work experience at a startup but trained “classically” at a global Enterprise company.
- Solid understanding of business management and operations, including finance/revenue/pipeline principles.
- Be open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.