Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
Mixpanel’s Customer Success Managers own the relationships, strategy, and well-being of Mixpanel’s largest accounts. The CSMs are ultimately responsible for making sure the clients in their portfolio are consistently learning from their data and extracting value out of their analytics and marketing investments with Mixpanel. We are looking to expand our Emerging Business team, focused on the retention and expansion of clients across segments, verticals, and lifecycle stages.
We’re looking for someone who:
- You are highly consultative with savvy business acumen
- You are experienced working with executives and key decision-makers at both growing startups and large enterprises
- You understand the unique power of genuine relationships
- You are extraordinarily friendly and quick-witted
- You love to tackle problems and always finds a way to deliver for our clients
- Lead discovery to uncover a client's’ core objectives and connects them with a solution in Mixpanel
- Coaches clients on Mixpanel product and analytics best practices
- You analyze data independently to discover insights that drive recommendations for clients
- You understand competitive products and can speak to differentiators that spotlight Mixpanel
- You connect with clients by exhibiting empathy, listening actively, presenting in an engaging manner, and communicating effectively
- Partners cross-functionally to deliver solutions for clients that ensure client engagement and happiness
- You display persistence and continually pushes to get clients maximum value from Mixpanel
- Quickly balances client needs against what is best for Mixpanel and prioritizes accordingly
- Makes well-informed data driven decisions with minimal oversight
Bonus points if you:
- Client management experience at a software company, digital agency, or management consultancy (e.g. Bain, Deloitte, Accenture)
- Strong technical aptitude and attention to detail; can confidently project manage a technical project with many moving pieces
- The persistence to build relationships where none exists
- Excellent interpersonal skills; people want to hang out with you once they’ve met you
- Strong communicator who can give an excellent presentation and write an eloquent e-mail
- Love of data, and a deep understanding of how data-driven decision-making transforms a product or business
- Empathy with a knack for understanding what a customer really needs and why they need it
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize without being frazzled
- Real passion for providing top-notch customer service
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.