Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
Mixpanel’s Customer Success Managers are entrusted with building deep relationships and driving product adoption and engagement across Mixpanel’s largest accounts. CSMs are ultimately responsible for ensuring clients in their portfolio are consistently learning from their data and aligning product usage to broader business goals. You will partner closely with Relationship Managers and Solutions Architects to ensure our customers achieve a significant return on their Mixpanel investment.
We are building our New York City team and are looking for a self-starter who can provide hands-on support and consultation to a portfolio of high-value clients.
We’re looking for someone who:
- 5+ years of client management experience at a software company, digital agency, or management consultancy
- Love of data, and a deep understanding of how data-driven decision-making transforms a product or business
- Ability to master a technical product quickly
- Experience working with decision-makers, product champions, and end users at both growing startups and large enterprises
- Highly consultative with savvy business acumen
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and delivering results in a rapid-growth environment
- Highly disciplined, accountable and a self-starter; ability to multitask and prioritize without being frazzled
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; people want to hang out with you once they’ve met you; capable of building a relationship where none exists
- Empathy with a knack for understanding what a customer really needs and why they need it
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Drive customer value by understanding core objectives, proposing product solutions, and increasing adoption and engagement
- Partner with Relationship Manager to establish customer relationships, design a success plan, and develop strategies to increase account-level product usage and satisfaction
- Partner with Solutions team to coordinate implementation and advanced technical services
- Conduct regular trainings, strategy sessions, and business reviews remotely and onsite [up to 20% travel may be required]
- Build trusting relationships throughout organizations, from end users to executive sponsors
- Coach clients on Mixpanel product and analytics best practices
- Maintain a deep understanding of Mixpanel functionality, competitive products, and industry trends
- Act as liaison between customers and Mixpanel Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams
- Track customer activity and sentiment to identify churn risk and work proactively with Account Manager to address/eliminate that risk
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.