Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 50 billion actions every single month from our customers.
About the Role
As one of Mixpanel's first Product Managers, you’ll report directly into our Head of Product (who also happens to be our CEO) along with the design team. You’ll work on a wide range of projects: from building predictive analytics, to building a better UI for advanced data analytics reports, to thinking about how native app support on the Apple watch should influence our roadmap. You’ll also work alongside an elite team of engineers who build and maintain infrastructure responsible for hundreds of thousands of requests per second, processing tens of billions of data points each month to power an elegant user interface for thousands of customers.
- Work with our Head of Product to come up with a forward-looking product strategy. Build, drive and manage a product roadmap against that strategy.
- Create preliminary design concepts along with the design team and work with engineering to implement and iterate.
- Prioritize projects within engineering, track product development, and develop product launch plans.
- Conduct thorough research with customers to learn and determine what to build depending on their needs.
What We Are Looking For
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building internet technologies and products.
- 5 years of experience working with software engineering teams with at least 3 years of hands-on product management or product design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements from a number of sources and build a compelling product vision.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are life-long learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day
Why join Mixpanel?
- We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
- Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
- We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn