Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 50 billion actions every single month from our customers.
About the Role
Mixpanel's Android SDK is included in thousands of apps and is responsible for tracking billions of events per month. We also enable our customers to show in-app notifications, run A/B tests in their apps, and more. Our customers can then use our Android Dashboard app to review their top metrics and keep track of how their product is doing from anywhere.
We want to add an experienced Android engineer to our small mobile team. We are looking for someone with in-depth knowledge of Android to own the future of our SDK and help build the next major update to our Dashboard app.
Check out some of our recent projects:
What We Are Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience building, testing, deploying, and maintaining Android applications (show us your apps on Google Play!)
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading. Our library runs on thousands of apps and devices and needs to be flawless on each.
- Knowledge of Android best practices and tools (e.g. Android Studio, Gradle, Maven, etc)
- Creative problem solving — we’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to push the boundaries
- Attention to detail
- You code as fluently as you speak
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are life-long learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 3,500 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-drive decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.