We help businesses build better products by delivering tools to enable them to become customer-obsessed and data-informed. Our user analytics product serves over 26,000 customers and 30% of the Fortune 100. We’re on a mission to level the playing field so that every company can have access to the data infrastructure and analysis that only a few leading tech companies have been able to afford to build on their own.
About the role:
The most data-driven companies in the world have teams of data scientists and researchers who use machine learning and statistical models to drive understanding of user behavior and metrics. As an ML engineer, your mission will be to provide these cutting-edge capabilities to all of Mixpanel’s customers, even when they don’t have an in-house research team. You will do this by generalizing and automating supervised and unsupervised learning techniques that answer the questions that are most important to our customers. Our services must be general enough to handle many kinds of products and apps, yet specific enough to provide actionable insights to our customers. We strongly believe that this is the future of analytics, and we are looking for smart, creative ML Engineers who care deeply about both technical and end-user impact to join us and help us realize this vision.
Recent and upcoming projects include:
- Detecting and explaining anomalies in timeseries.
- Automatic detection of interesting segments of users.
- Automated discovery of the user behaviors that drive retention, growth, and other outcomes.
- Prediction and forecasting of user behavior and metrics.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least 3 years of experience, writing highly performant backend code and/or using machine learning or data science to build product features. Experience with machine learning at scale is a big plus.
- Knowledge of the Clojure programming language is a plus, as many of our team's services are written in Clojure.
- Meticulous attention to detail, a passion for writing high quality software, and a love of data and statistics.
- US work authorization
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
About our culture:
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then.Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.