Mixpanel helps companies build better products, by giving them visibility into how their users use their products. The machine learning team is responsible for features which automate finding insights for our users, so that they can maximally leverage their data, while we do the heavy lifting. The models we build use a mix of machine learning, data science and raw statistics; we are pragmatic and will use the simplest approach that works. In addition to the R&D for our models, we are also responsible for putting them into production and maintaining them. This team is ideal for someone who is passionate about both machine learning and production engineering.
Recent and upcoming projects include:
- Anomaly detection, and explanations of anomalies
- Automatic detection of interesting segments of users
- Smarter correlation analysis
- Predicting user conversion
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience, writing highly performant backend code and/or using machine learning or data science to build product features. Experience with machine learning at scale is a big plus.
- Knowledge of the Clojure programming language is a plus, as most of our team's services are written in Clojure.
- Meticulous attention to detail, a passion for writing high quality software, and a love of data and statistics.
- US work authorization
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
The Tao of Mixpanel Engineering:
- Have empathy for each other. We’re all in this together, assume good intentions.
- Listen to people’s ideas. Seek the truth, don’t just fight for your idea.
- Demonstrate ownership and demand autonomy.
- Have a strong bias to action. Get something working first and then iterate. When you’re pressed for time, cut scope, not quality.
- Work smarter, not harder. Prioritize ruthlessly. Dive deep and understand the problem. Know what success looks like. Be #DataDriven.
- Care about your craft. Always be learning.
Why join Mixpanel?
- Mixpanel is ventured-backed by some of the biggest names in the investing world, we’ve raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia and YC, Marc Benioff, Max Levchin and Keith Rabois. We’ve seen tremendous growth over the last few years and we’re set to continue that trend.
- We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, a category we defined, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze. Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we help over 20,000 companies do that every day, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
- We are a team of 250+ highly collaborative professionals working together every day to help each other grow and learn. As a data-centric organization, we provide ample opportunity for our team to have an impact on every aspect of our business, big or small, no idea is a bad idea, just bring the data to back it up.
- If you’re looking for your next challenge and love to make an impact, please apply. If you’re looking to be another cog in the wheel of a large machine, we may not be the best fit.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records