We help companies build better products, by giving them visibility into how their users use their products. Come help us build the future, by giving our users visibility into what their users are likely to do in the future. Get in on the ground floor as we build our predictive analytics and machine learning team and infrastructure.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Help build out every aspect of our core machine learning infrastructure.
- Research and prototype ideas for predictive analytics and machine learning-based product features.
- Productionize, monitor and maintain our predictive analytics and machine learning systems so that they work quickly (in real time), accurately, and at scale.
Our engineering culture:
- We do all of our machine learning prototyping in Clojure, so Clojure knowledge and/or enthusiasm is big plus. Our backend is mostly C++ and Python, and our custom datastore was written from the ground up in C/C++.
- We have a small engineering team which believes in code review, collaboration, rapid iteration, and testing.
- Our machine learning team works closely with our systems engineering team, who maintain thousands of servers, and process hundreds of thousands of requests per second, for thousands of paying customers.
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in industry, writing highly performant backend code. Experience with machine learning at scale is a big plus.
- Mastery of at least one of: C/C++, Python, and Clojure, and a willingness to learn the others.
- Meticulous attention to detail, a passion for writing high quality software, and a love of data and statistics.
- US work authorization
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 50 billion actions every single month from our customers.
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are life-long learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 3,500 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-driven decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records