The Infrastructure Engineering team is ten engineers who develop and run the platform distributed across hundreds of servers. Our key focus areas are high scalability, low latency and low cost. We care about quality. We do very thorough code reviews, and try our best to build code that is simple, clear and reliable. Our engineering team moves quickly; if it's better than live, we ship it and measure the results. We value learning, from each other and by building prototypes and collecting data to challenge our assumptions. We’re ambitious. We don’t reinvent the wheel, but we’re not afraid to push the boundaries and attempt to invent new technologies if needed. In doing so, sometimes we try things that fail, and that’s okay. We collaborate. We try to have at least two people work together on every project. It’s more fun and yields better results.
- As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be building a distributed storage system that ingests terabytes of data per day.
- We are building a distributed and replicated system. We’re looking for engineers who understand durability and fault-tolerance.
- We are looking for experience with low-level code optimization and runtime performance analysis.
- Troubleshooting complex distributed runtime scenarios is our daily routine.
- Our core low-level services are written in C/C++. We’re using Go and Python throughout the stack too. We are looking for generalists who can pick the right language for a problem.
- At the core of our platform, we run a sharded replicated NoSQL storage system used as a timeseries database as well as a general-purpose key-value store. This system is a serving layer for all our analytics and machine learning products.
Our goal is to support complex queries over terabytes of data at interactive speeds. Some projects you may get involved with:
- Developing efficient internal storage representation for our database: building indices, partitioning data into locality groups, selecting right compression algorithm, and storing persistent on-disk data structures that keep the CPU cache hot.
- Developing the query language (and engine) capable of executing complex multi-phase query plans.
- Building data ingestion and processing pipeline that durably stores 200k records per second.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience or other relevant experience.
- Expertise in at least one of: database internals, distributed systems, or high-performance C++ programming.
Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 50 billion actions every single month from our customers.
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are life-long learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 3,500 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-drive decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records