We help businesses build better products by delivering tools to enable them to become customer-obsessed and data-informed. Our user analytics product serves over 26,000 customers and 30% of the Fortune 100. We’re on a mission to level the playing field so that every company can have access to the data infrastructure and analysis that only a few leading tech companies have been able to afford to build on their own.
About the team:
Site Reliability Engineering at Mixpanel is a team of hybrid software/systems engineers targeting large-scale advances in operational efficiency and maturity, reliability, automation, and a deeper understanding of the dependencies inherent in our infrastructure. With numerous large clusters in multiple regions across the planet, and with 50 Billion data points flowing in every month, the goal of SRE is to enable continuous growth while decreasing operational overhead and increasing performance, all while maintaining our high levels of reliability and data resilience.
If you’re the kind of person who flourishes with the challenge of writing automation, debugging errant services, going deep into the Linux kernel, end-to-end performance tuning, all while serving hundreds of thousands of events every second of every day, we’d love to get to know you.
About the role:
- Use your experience as a coder to build tools, services, automation.
- Take charge of performance and reliability measurement, and drive improvements based on data.
- Run critical operational portions of our ingestion, analytics, storage, and serving infrastructure.
- Use your knowledge of open source tools and available services to maintain the highest-levels of uptime across our myriad services, and building the portions that don’t yet exist.
- Own configuration management, monitoring, alerting, data resilience, and critical measurement infrastructure.
- Manage our fleet of clusters, distributed globally.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Solid experience with Linux (we run Ubuntu).
- Solid coding experience, and a passion for solving hard problems through automation and resilient software.
- A hunger for solving not just the symptoms, but the root cause of any issues that arise.
- Industry experience in running a multi-node environment is useful (minimum 2 years is mandatory), but your attitude and proven abilities are more important.
About our culture:
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.