Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform ever built for mobile and web. We help companies build better products. We have hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, thousands of paying customers, and incredible growth.
Site Reliability Engineering at Mixpanel is a team of hybrid software/systems engineers targeting large-scale advances in operational efficiency and maturity, reliability, automation, and a deeper understanding of the dependencies inherent in our infrastructure. With numerous large clusters in multiple regions across the planet, and with 50 Billion data points flowing in every month, the goal of SRE is to enable continuous growth while decreasing operational overhead and increasing performance, all while maintaining our high levels of reliability and data resilience.
If you’re the kind of person who thrives on the challenge of writing automation, debugging errant services, going deep into the Linux kernel, end-to-end performance tuning, all while serving hundreds of thousands of events every second of every day, we’d love to get to know you.
In this role you will:
- Use your experience as a coder to build tools, services, automation.
- Take charge of performance and reliability measurement, and drive improvements based on data.
- Run critical operational portions of our ingestion, analytics, storage, and serving infrastructure.
- Use your knowledge of open source tools and available services to maintain the highest-levels of uptime across our myriad services, and building the portions that don’t yet exist.
- Own configuration management, monitoring, alerting, data resilience, and critical measurement infrastructure.
- Manage our fleet of clusters, distributed globally.
What we are looking for:
- Solid experience with Linux(we run Ubuntu).
- Solid coding experience, and a passion for solving hard problems through automation and resilient software.
- A hunger for solving not just the symptoms, but the root cause of any issues that arise.
- Industry experience in running a multi-node environment is useful (minimum 2 years is mandatory), but your attitude and demonstrable abilities are more important.
What’s in it for you:
A dynamic environment with the smartest group of people (no, seriously…).
Ownership of large, and growing, areas of the engineering infrastructure.
Embed yourself into the heart of our systems and product functions to drive core service improvements.
This position is full-time and located in our San Francisco office.
Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 50 billion actions every single month from our customers.
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are life-long learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 3,500 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-drive decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records