Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 30% of the Fortune 100, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for crafting a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an inspiring and collaborative Creative Director to drive the development of our brand identity, creative and content needs while managing and growing a team of top-notch creative professionals. The right candidate has serious strategic chops and experience building memorable brands, but still considers themself a maker who loves to roll up their sleeves to get things done with the team.
Through many mediums, you will embrace and articulate our brand’s purpose of making knowledge open and accessible to business teams through user analytics. You’ll be the brand’s biggest champion, while knowing how to balance consistency and precision with speed of execution. You are passionate about creative problem-solving and believe the best ideas can come from anywhere.
You know how to inspire by taking the lead without taking the spotlight. You will work closely with lots of Mixpanelers, from marketers and designers to PMs, recruiting, and execs. You will love your craft but ultimately care most about the impact the brand has on critical marketing and business initiatives.
This position sits in our Marketing team and reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
We're looking for someone who:
- Loves to build and evolve brand identity, from design systems and creative campaigns down to the little details like internal posters and animations on the website
- Collaborates with marketing leaders and executive partners to get drive key business initiatives through strong storytelling
- Has a strong business instinct and understands analytics
- Has a background in design, writing, multimedia, or brand strategy & experience working on a broad variety of products and customer touch points at significant scale
- Can lead a team of internal and external brand designers, copywriters, and producers
- Has experience with content series production in all formats, from video to GIFs to sales collateral and everything in between
- Drives strategy to market in exciting and innovative ways. Execution for offline, experiential, and online creative assets, content initiatives, website, video/photography, event design, integrated campaigns, etc
- Can build an in-house creative agency to serve the company’s internal external programs, including office space branding, employee events, and other company collateral
- Forecasts resourcing needs and timelines, and work with key partners to drive a schedule for projects while prioritizing and using resources efficiently
- Can see around corners, be nimble and anticipate the needs of the marketing team in a fast paced environment
- Ensures the team is delivering high-quality work that meets customer and business needs
- Defines career paths, helps people to identify opportunities for growth, and defines team and individual plans for achieving measurable goals.
Bonus points if you:
- Have a passion for data
- Have experience in SaaS or enterprise tech
- Have been “classically trained” at a top-tier agency
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then.Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.