Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
We’re looking for an insightful, analytical, and creative copywriter and creative strategist to help be the voice of Mixpanel across all customer touchpoints. The right candidate is a creative soul with serious writing chops who lives for the thrill of finding the perfect phrase, persuading a reader to click or share, and directly impacting major business initiatives with copy and creative ideas that sings
You will embrace and articulate our brand’s purpose of making knowledge open and accessible to business teams through user analytics. You will speak to a variety of audiences and channels up and down the funnel. You will get to work on a little bit of everything, from short form, quick-turn copy needs (ads, product copy, emails, landing page) to strategic campaign and copy needs (marketing website, in-product messages, and integrated offline and digital campaigns). You will work closely with lots of Mixpanelers, from marketers and designers to engineers, product managers, recruiters, sales, partners, and execs. You will love your craft but ultimately care most about the impact your words have on critical marketing and business initiatives.
We're looking for someone who:
- Can explain complicated ideas in a simple, jargon-free, substantive, and holistic way
- Can translate technical concepts into clear, engaging, and meaningful copy that helps people make better business decisions
- Loves telling a single story many different ways, across many different channels
- Has experience copywriting for a variety of mediums and has the portfolio to show it
- Can partner well both with creatives like designers and with business owners, like marketers and executives
- Has a strong business instinct and understands analytics
- Is known for collaborating well with teams to come up with impactful campaigns and messages
- Absolutely loves to write
Bonus points if you:
- Have a passion for data
- Speed and quality is your forte
- Have experience marketing or writing about software as a service (SaaS) or analytics
- Have been “classically trained” at a top-tier agency
This position sits in our creative team and reports to the Creative Director, alongside a team of brand designers to act as an integrated creative studio.
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.