Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
We are looking for a data-driven, ambitious professional to join our Marketing Leadership team. You will have the unique opportunity to guide and implement marketing strategy at a high growth, analytically-driven startup. The ideal candidate is equal parts strategy consultant, data analyst, product manager and operations guru who is passionate about getting results through quantitative reasoning, detailed planning, and strong cross-functional collaboration.
What you will do:
- Marketing Strategy
- Own business case development and spearhead marketing growth strategy across all areas of Marketing (Growth, Product Marketing, Partner Marketing, Events, Comms etc.) to drive revenue, increase conversion, and improve customer loyalty
- Be the trusted advisor to the rest of the marketing team to improve GTM strategy, attribution, funnel, win rates, packaging/offers, awareness efforts, etc.
- Be the go-to-person for big challenging, strategic questions. Help the team think through strategic priorities and go-to-market tactics that help the company hit its ambitious goals.
- Own end-to-end, high impact projects as the Chief of Staff to the VP of Marketing, everything from international marketing strategy to customer journey mapping, funnel optimization programs, and buyer segmentation.
- Planning, Budgeting, & Operations
- Know the business intimately and help the team build monthly and quarterly marketing plans and goals across key levers (channel mix, geos, target markets, segments, etc.)
- Lead the marketing team towards operational efficiency through diligent budget, goal setting/tracking, and campaign execution.
- Develop and improve internal marketing processes to act as the glue for a high performing team.
- Research & Connective Tissue
- Identify significant changes and trends that will impact the company’s growth trajectory.
- Optimize marketing effectiveness through all stages of the lead funnel through in-depth, insightful analysis, customer research/interviews, and actionable recommendations.
- Develop and build out the customer journey from pre-sale to post-sale execution, working cross-functionally with teams across marketing, customer success, sale, and product.
- Provide ongoing optimization recommendations & implement them to increase customer lifetime value - from streamlining customer communications to new loyalty programs and customer touchpoints.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance. Highly analytical and solution-orientated.
- Thrives working in a highly demanding and fast-paced team environment where delivering results is key.
- Adept at working and influencing decisions at all levels of an organization from the CEO to an inbound sales development representative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, build consensus, and influence with persistence and data.
- Great at prioritizing competing projects and juggling multiple big projects at once, based on impact.
- Positive, high-energy attitude with a strong ownership mentality - from plan to execution.
- Acute attention to detail.
Bonus points if you have:
- Strong B2B understanding.
- Great at Excel data modeling and Salesforce reporting.
- Direct work experience in marketing, demand gen, and/or management consulting.
- BA or BS in economics, math, computer science, finance or other quantitative discipline; or MBA.
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.