Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
You will lead our international go-to-market strategy and be an ambassador for our London and Singapore offices as we expand globally. We’re looking for you to facilitate marketing excellence around the globe through efficient execution, continuous knowledge sharing and unified ways of working.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the international marketing function, including public relations, product marketing, and marketing operations. You will also be a key partner for achieving our overall marketing goals, and a critical member of the global marketing leadership team. This role requires a real passion for and expertise in building brands with the ability to execute quickly.
In this role, you will build a team to support EMEA and APAC marketing efforts, work cross-functionally to own ongoing efforts in international markets. This is the chance for an expert international marketer to take Mixpanel into new countries and grow usage among companies of all sizes.
As the Marketing Director you will:
- Craft and execute Mixpanel’s go-to-market strategy for expansion in Europe and Asia.
- Develop a deep understanding of the US marketplace and competitive landscape, adapt it for international needs and educate teams about related trends.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to build awareness, acquire new customers, and drive up product adoption among target segments.
- Build and iterate thoughtful messaging/positioning/content that is appropriate for target audiences as new features are launched and the marketplace changes.
- Establish and roll out best-in-class processes, tools and templates that are in service of building a globally consistent yet locally meaningful brand from the ground up.
- Continually share program results, industry and customer trends and creative inspiration to keep everyone globally-minded, consumer-obsessed and results-driven.
- Lead and develop a team of marketing professionals, with a broad range of expertise, from PR to field marketing and operations.
- Own the EMEA and APAC marketing pipeline number, customer story development, awareness metrics, and funnel conversion from top to middle of the funnel working cross-functionally with sales and the customer success team.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 8+ years of broad international marketing experience, preferably in a SaaS organization that includes an enterprise customer base.
- You have a depth of knowledge in the European marketplace (bonus for Asia knowledge too) and are well versed in the competition of our industry.
- Proven track record of strategic and operational rigor with clear results driven.
- Ability to extract insights from multiple data sources, and make informed, strategic decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate to partners at all levels of the organization within Mixpanel and externally—from the end user to the decision maker—with excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mindset who can engage and educate customers and prospects, with a knack for cultural nuances and incorporating them into go-to-market plans.
- A big thinker who can take multiple, evolving inputs, and condense them into simple, powerful positioning and messaging for local campaigns and go-to-market execution.
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.