Mixpanel is helping the world learn from its data by translating user behavior into actionable knowledge. As the leading user analytics platform, Mixpanel tracks interactions to surface information that provides valuable insights which enable businesses to make smarter decisions, break down knowledge silos and drive data-informed innovation. Mixpanel is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, London, and Singapore to serve their 26,000+ customers including 30% of the Fortune 100.
About the role:
As a Sales Engineer you are critical in presenting the value of Mixpanel’s capabilities to a broad set of prospects. As we continue to grow our Sales organization, you'll will be collaborating with Account Executives as a trusted advisor to customers working to tie Mixpanel’s solutions to their business needs. Our SEs need to be nimble, able to clearly articulate the technical benefits and requirements of Mixpanel to developers and product managers, and express the value of our product to high-level executives.
In the first month, you will become a Mixpanel expert on both features and functionality as well as implementation. You will be given the opportunity to shadow customer calls and demos with current Sales Engineers and Account Executives while learning how to articulate our value proposition. You will be trained on Mixpanel’s internal systems and tools in order to be set up for success.
Within the first three months, you will be directly involved in deal cycles with Commercial Account Executives. You will be leading the technical qualification for customer’s use cases as well as delivering customized demos for prospects. You will have a clear understanding of how Mixpanel is implemented across all platforms and be able to guide customers towards the right solution for their needs. The SE will be critical in setting expectations for successful Mixpanel implementations and prepare both internal and external teams for long-term success.
- Partner with Account Executives to drive revenue growth by serving as the key technical contact for the customer.
- Develop relationships and uncover the needs of key technical stakeholders within your assigned book of business.
- Approach all deals with a customer-first mentality.
- Complete RFP’s and Security Questionnaires.
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Legal.
- Actively utilize Salesforce to track deal activity and customer requirements.
- Be the “Voice of the Prospect” by collecting feedback from potential Mixpanel customers and delivering to the Product team.
We’re looking for someone who:
- 4+ years of experience in a SaaS Sales Engineering or related role.
- You have experience delivering product demonstrations to C-level Executives.
- You have the ability and desire to learn independently.
- You have experience (preferred) or curiosity in the data and analytics space.
- Able to travel
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.