Senior Manager, Business Operations and Analytics
Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data. Today, we currently analyze over 60 billion actions every single month from our customers.
We are looking for an analytically minded, ambitious professional to join our Sales Operations team. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have the unique opportunity to guide and implement sales strategy at a high growth, analytically-driven company.
What you will do
- Analyze trends and synthesize key takeaways for the leadership team. Be a thought leader in the organization and drive impact through rigorous analytical approach.
- Design and develop "Cockpit View" dashboards and KPIs metrics to support leaders in the sales, marketing and customer success/support teams to help manage and run the business
- Building centralized single source of truth BI repository for sales, marketing and customer success/support organization, and other Mixpanel organizations that allows teams to self-serve on core data needs
- Be the visionary user and champion of Mixpanel’s BI product, provide feedbacks to product team to enhance the analytics and reporting functions features
- Develop predictive analytics/model to help drive forecast accuracy and planning for sales, marketing, renewal business
- In charge of business analytics and reporting for global sale organization, provide analysis and insights for executive staff meetings; monthly performance review meetings, QBRs; board of directors’ meetings; company all hands meetings etc.
- 4+ years of work experience in business operations/intelligence, sales operations, strategy/management development, consulting and/or operations roles
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Experience managing large complex BI projects and teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate with C-level and translate complex cases into comprehensive ones
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to think big while paying careful attention to detail and being highly organized
- Proficient in Excel and statistical software
- Strong business acumen: Someone who understands the business needs and develops recommended approaches based on data-driven analysis
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- MBA from top-tier institution is a big plus
- Knowledge/experience marketing intelligence, segmentation, pricing strategy, channel big plus
- Comfort / familiarity with BI tools such as Domo, Tableau a plus
- Financial modeling and business case creation experience a plus
- Start-up and rapidly expanding sales organization experience strongly preferred
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 4,000 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-driven decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Throughout the interview process, a common question we get is: "So, what's Mixpanel's culture like?"
- Data driven - we're an analytics company and so we live and breathe by what the numbers tell us. We try to measure everything - it's who we are!
- Transparency - we strive to be really open and upfront with how we build our company. For example, the whole company knows how much revenue we make at any time.
- Speed is really important at Mixpanel. Being fast is an essential part of every experience at Mixpanel: from building products to finding solutions to customer problems to responding to potential new hires.
- Customer experience - our hope is to have the best customer support experience in the world. We'll do anything for our customers.
- Geeky - we're geeky people so don't be surprised when you come in.
- Education - we believe a big reason people quit their jobs is because they've stopped learning. Our goal is to provide resources for people in our company to keep challenging themselves and to be able to learn new things every day.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
FLSA Status: exempt