MixMode is a no-rules-required Cybersecurity platform, serving large enterprises with big data environments across a variety of industries. MixMode delivers a patented, self-learning platform that acts as the Cybersecurity Intelligence Layer℠ to detect both known and unknown attacks, including novel attacks designed to bypass legacy cyber defenses. This is accomplished in real-time, across any cloud or on-premise data stream. Trusted by global entities in banking, public utilities and government sectors, industry cyber leaders rely on MixMode to protect their most critical assets. The platform dramatically improves the efficiency of SOC teams previously burdened with writing and tuning rules and manually searching for attacks. The MixMode platform can be deployed remotely, with no appliances, in under an hour with business outcomes evident within days. Backed by PSG and Entrada Ventures, the company is headquartered in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Although we do have physical offices, our employees enjoy a remote-first work culture. Learn more at www.mixmode.ai.
MixMode, the leader in generative AI cybersecurity solutions is seeking a dynamic Marketing Communications Manager to join our team. This role will play a crucial part in maintaining a consistent tone of voice across all communication channels. The Communications Manager will oversee all external and internal communications to consistently articulate the company’s brand and value proposition. The position manages all communications campaigns and content across paid, owned, earned and shared media and will be instrumental in accelerating MixMode.ai's growth.
What you’ll be doing (responsibilities):
- Communications Strategy
- Develop marketing communications strategies and plans that align with broader company goals and objectives.
- Set communications objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Manage the marketing communications budget. Track, report and analyze performance of communication campaigns.
- Stay on top of marketing communications trends, new platforms, and technologies. Make recommendations for implementation.
- Develop and Execute Engaging Content Strategy:
- Ideate and produce compelling content for a variety of campaigns and platforms , including press releases, blog posts, email marketing, advertising, social media, podcasts, and videos..
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop thought leadership narratives and sector-specific communication strategies.
- Oversee the development, distribution and maintenance of all marketing collateral including brochures, catalogs, signage, branding assets and more.
- Social Media Content Management:
- Create and execute social media content calendars aligned with marketing and communication objectives.
- Manage social media platforms, posting regular updates, engaging with the audience, and monitoring trends.
- Develop innovative digital video and audio product messaging for social media channels.
- Press Relations and PR Strategy:
- Coordinate with PR and external communications agencies. Act as media spokesperson and company representative where relevant.
- Define KPIs for PR agencies and produce regular performance reports.
- Submit thought leadership articles on behalf of key executives to prominent publications.
- Engage in proactive media pitches and outreach to amplify brand awareness and positive media coverage.
- Thought Leadership and Thought Leadership Campaigns:
- Maintain strong brand voice and tone across all written and creative communications. Ensure brand consistency.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, Strategy and Customer Success, to create thought leadership content.
- Highlight product news, executive thought leadership, and company updates through various mediums.
- Manage speaking opportunities and awards programs in collaboration with an agency.
- Internal Corporate Communications:
- Support internal communication initiatives that align with the business strategy and reinforce cultural values.
- Facilitate executive huddles, cultural updates, and roadmap communications.
What you’ll need to bring (qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in B2B PR and/or Corporate Communications, with a strong network of B2B media relationships.
- Proven experience in content creation for media (e.g., contributed articles, blogs, press releases) and social media platforms.
- Solid understanding of marketing and SaaS business principles.
- Ability to work independently as an individual contributor and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work seamlessly across functions and geographies within a multi-layered organization.
- Strong writing, editing and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines.
- Creative mindset with an ability to translate business needs into compelling narratives.
This is a newly created position and we are open to hiring great talent who may have qualifications above or below those specifically listed in this job description. Pursuant to California law, we must display the pay range for this job. Since we are willing to hire within a broad spectrum of qualifications, we also reflect a broad pay range. The base salary range that we are targeting for this position is $75,000-$125,000, though we can adjust based on individual qualifications. Individual salary is determined by qualifications, role, level, and location.
Compensation and benefits are competitive based on industry standards. Benefits for full-time team members include:
- Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Basic Life and AD&D (option to purchase additional Voluntary Life Insurance)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Holidays & Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
Please note: MixMode does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of MixMode.