Mixlab is the delightful pet pharmacy that is redefining customer experience in healthcare.
We launched in the fall of 2017 to make the pet pharmacy experience delightful for veterinarians and pet parents. In just over a year, we’ve established trusted partnerships, and friendships, with veterinarians and pet parents across the Northeast. We focus on quality and delivering the best customer experience – check out our Instagram and our 5 star reviews across Google, Yelp and Facebook! We are venture-backed and have just raised $8.5mm of funding from early backers of companies like Facebook, LinkedIn and Slack. We will be rapidly growing the team so that we can give all pets the personalized care they deserve.
As the first Senior UX/UI Designer, you’ll work with the CXO, product manager and engineers to create a delightful end-to-end experience for veterinarians, pet parents and our pharmacy team. This is an ambitious project that offers many rewarding UX challenges.
You’ll thrive here if:
You’re a curious person driven by data and strategy. You love designing for complex systems and working on challenging projects. You show your passion through the quality of your work. You are constantly looking to improve and ask for help when you need it. You care about the projects you work on, the responsibility you have as a designer, and using your skills to create positive impact. And of course, you love pets.
- Own large projects to improve the information architecture, interaction design and interface of Mixlab’s platforms to help the team deliver a delightful customer experience that makes our users’ lives easier
- Partner with product and engineering to define KPI’s, features, and user needs to deliver a delightful product
- Work with the product manager to help define the user journey and strategize how to streamline operations with digital solutions
- Design user flows, wireframes and polished interfaces
- Create, test, and refine prototypes of varying fidelity levels
- Implement, maintain and evolve the Mixlab design system
- Work directly with the CXO to define goals and manage progress
- 5+ years experience in UX and UI design
- Self-starter and independent problem-solver who escalates issues when appropriate
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with engineering, product management, and non-technical disciplines
- Openness to others’ opinions and ideas
- Strong interaction and visual design skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of information architecture best practices
- Familiarity and comfort with UX research methods, including interviews, surveys, and usability testing
- Proficiency with Figma, Invision or a similar prototyping tool
- Must love pets
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience creating and maintaining design systems or pattern libraries
- Experience designing for SaaS platforms and internal tools
- A love of socially responsible design and desire to make an impact
- Prior start-up experience