Mixbook is an award-winning design platform giving consumers unrivaled creative freedom to design and share one-of-a-kind stories, transforming the lives of more than 6M people. Today, we are the #1 rated photo book service in the US with 26K 5-star reviews and a profitable, growing business. Customers love Mixbook for our powerful and intuitive editor, superb quality, designer themes, and our fanatical customer service.
Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
Mixbook is seeking our first Head of eCommerce. This role reports to our Chief Marketing Officer and works closely with our Marketing, and Product teams to define our future growth through product categories and services. You will help drive the merchandising strategy for our physical products, managing product positioning, gross margins, trend analysis, and design selection. You will leave no stone unturned, obsessing over our website, our sales, and our customers each and every day in pursuit of improved revenue, conversion, and all-around product-market fit.
- Own the site optimization and performance of our e-commerce storefront across web and mobile platforms.
- Define the merchandising of products, pricing, promotions, and designs strategy on Mixbook.com and work with a team to implement changes with the necessary urgency and seasonality.
- Compile and analyze Web and performance metrics to assess effectiveness and to identify merchandising opportunities.
- Partner with Product, Marketing, and Creative teams, overseeing all merchandising activities on Mixbook.com to ensure we are driving growth based on strategic positioning.
- Own the full product and design merchandising calendar to inspire sales for all customer segments and product categories from photo books to cards, calendars and more.
- Remain acutely aware of market trends, working cross-functionally to develop and bring new items to market or make changes to our current offerings.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of eCommerce experience in the DTC ecommerce space
- Proven track record of building and managing an annual eCommerce plan
- Strong knowledge of eCommerce KPIs and expertise in deriving growth strategies from data insights
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively present to senior leadership
- A highly-passionate problem solver with strong creative and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, experimental, highly collaborative, and mission-driven company
What You’ll Enjoy
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage, including fully-covered premiums for you and your family
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for birthing parents and 12 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Unlimited paid time off (plus vacation bonuses!) and flexible schedules
- $2,000 per year for external learning and development
- 401k + match, monthly events, travel opportunities, and more
Our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love. Unlike most growth companies, we have invested deeply in culture. Organizational health is central to our long-term strategy – we believe that when we love our people, they will love our customers, and our customers will love our business.
We want people to join us who exude our core values:
- Scrappy (Act like an entrepreneur)
- Caring (Heart of empathy)
- Craftsmanship (Spirit of excellence)