We are looking for a backend engineer to join our remote-friendly team working all over the United States.
Mix is working on the next generation of social discovery tools and we’re seeking a self-directed Senior Backend Engineer who is passionate about robust and scalable web applications. Your focus will be on designing, administering, and maintaining core and backend systems. This role works closely with the development team helping ensure that scalability, performance, and maintainability are inherent in our infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other full stack and mobile engineers to build APIs and interfaces to power the mobile and desktop apps.
- Take ownership of new product features spanning across multiple microservices and come up with solutions to move the product development forward.
- Extend capabilities of our existing services to support new features to improve content understanding.
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with relational databases, caching and RESTful API development
- Experience with Redis or related cache technologies
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience with content scrapers
- Experience with AWS or equivalent cloud provider
- Experience with Protobuf or another similar message format
- Experience with Kafka or another similar type of message queue
- Experience with Redshift
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with CI/CD
Mix offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as competitive salary and meaningful equity. We offer a 401k savings plan and an unlimited PTO policy.
Mix’s mission is to connect the curious with the creative, delivering personalized recommendations one click at a time. Mix will provide a modern and elegant way to discover the best content liked by friends and experts, from across the web to your mobile device. Mix is proud to be an Expa portfolio company and we're looking for talented folks to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.