Mix’s mission is to unlock more of the internet you care about, delivering personalized recommendations one click at a time. Mix provides a modern and elegant way to discover the best content from across the web delivered to your browser, mobile device, and inbox.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed project manager who is passionate about our mission at Mix!
*** Our ideal candidate MUST have experience managing software projects for a consumer facing digital produ`ct ****
As our first Scrum Master/Project Manager you will own overall responsibility for end to end project delivery and retrospectives on the process for multiple projects simultaneously. You will guide the team through the development of highly complex features, working with others to prioritize the right things and ensure we are shipping an extremely high-quality product. Mix has a commitment to a distributed workforce and you will be responsible for driving project initiatives with distributed team members, making sure all projects are shipped on time and with excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Mix does not accept agency resumes at this time. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring alias, Mix employees or any other company location. Mix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate, define, and track the scope, objectives, and milestones of quarterly projects in collaboration and agreement with leadership.
- Prioritize and focus both team and individual efforts across engineering, data science, design, and strategic partnerships.
- Proactively communicate, connect, align, and guide teams on key decisions and execution of tasks.
- Track team workload and communicate bottlenecks and resource availability proactively.
- 3+ years of project management experience in a consumer facing digital product
- Excellent project management, communication, prioritization, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering organizations.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and ever-changing environment, having an ability to navigate ambiguity and balance competing demands.
- Self-directed and self-motivated to set goals, define risks, and find solutions.
- Constantly aware of and trading off business and technical concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in product leadership discussions.
- High competence in leadership, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Able to easily coordinate and work with both in-person and distributed team members.
- Experienced in creating processes and documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional experience as a scrum master and/or applying concepts and techniques from multiple agile approaches.
- Deep project management experience in a consulting organization a plus.
- PMI PMP or Agile certification preferred.
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
Mix is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.