At Mix, our remote-friendly team working across the United States, are building a next-generation discovery platform that makes it easy for users to discover new and interesting things from across the web. Core to this is our content recommendation system, consisting of components used for content/user understanding, content/user moderation, candidate generation, scoring and ranking. These components have been built to operate at web-scale, in an event-driven ecosystem across streaming, batch, and serving data infrastructure. We are currently looking for highly motivated engineers who can work with us on improving the quality and performance of our recommendation system.
Mix’s mission is to unlock more of the internet you care about, delivering personalized recommendations one click at a time. Mix provides a modern and elegant way to discover the best content from across the web delivered to your browser, mobile device, and inbox.
To all recruitment agencies: Mix does not accept agency resumes at this time. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring alias, Mix employees or any other company location. Mix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with a distributed team to design, implement and maintain recommendation system related services, data pipelines, models, tools and other components.
- Leverage ML/DL and data mining techniques to develop approaches for better understanding of content (text, video and image) and concept extraction.
- Apply ML or statistical methods to characterize user preferences and evaluate content quality.
- Create training and test datasets using various data collection and feature engineering strategies.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design.
- 3+ years of development experience in at least 1 of these languages - Scala, Java, Python, C, C++.
- 2+ years of experience working with distributed data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark/Hadoop/Kafka.
- 2+ years of experience developing production-grade machine learning, recommendation, and/or NLP systems.
- 1+ years of experience developing and deploying applications in a cloud computing ecosystem such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience with Spark MLlib
- Experience with Apache Flink
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Jupyter or Zeppelin Notebooks
- Deep learning experience, particularly with frameworks like Tensorflow and PyTorch
Working with passionate and awesome folks? Check. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance? Check. Competitive salary and meaningful equity. Check. Also, we offer a 401k savings plan (with company match!) and an open PTO policy.
Mix is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.