MissionTech Solutions is seeking Information System Security Engineers to identify, analyze, define, and coordinate user, customer and stakeholder security needs, translate the needs into technical security requirements, and assist in the accreditation execution.
These positions are located on the customer site in Reston or Dulles, VA. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and must be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a security accreditation team. The security engineers will help mission and business units identify security technology solutions with the potential to improve mission and business processes and achieve Authority to Operate (ATO).
The ability to work with stakeholders as well as technical and analytical counterparts to define security constraints and develop requirements and system security concept of operations documentation is a must.
In this mission critical position your challenge will be:
- Advise and assist with the Lifecycle Security Authorization process and developing a Systems Security Plan (SSP)
- Work closely with developers to identify the appropriate certification/approval processes and authorities
- Read and analyze SSPs and develop understanding of systems and applications into security test plans
- Assemble and submit Security Authorization packages to Principal Accreditation Authority/Designated Accreditation Authority
- Review IA Compliance Validation Tests and Reports
Requirements for success:
- US Citizenship required
- Active Top Secret clearance with active SCI (TS/SCI) and appropriate polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred, but will consider additional experience in lieu of education
- Possess a background in Information System Security Engineering and SE principles
- IT Security specific related degree or certification (i.e., Information Assurance, Cyber Security)
- The following certifications are highly preferred unless specified as desired: [Security +, CISA, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CISM]
- Experience in IT Consulting including but not limited to, integrating security COTS products in the intel space, and/or developing customized security GOTS solutions
Your skills include:
- Experience in XACTA 360
- Working Knowledge of: CNSS 1253, NIST SP 800-53A, NIST RMF, AWS, Azure
- Working Knowledge: Basic networking principles, cloud architectures, systems requirements, and systems integration, security scanning tools
- Strong communications skills (e.g. both oral and written)
- Familiarity with Body Of Evidence and all security related documentation
- Experience creating architecture diagrams
Why Mission Tech Solutions?
MissionTech Solutions, LLC (MissionTech) is a veteran-owned small business focused on providing high-quality technology and consulting solutions to Government customers. Our roots are in open source technology consulting and IT strategy and management for Intelligence Community customers.
We want to disrupt the way technology is deployed and utilized in the mission space, and we need outstanding colleagues to help us achieve that goal.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to solve the world’s toughest intelligence challenges by combining world-class human talent with disruptive technology. Our vision is to provide a platform that enables rapid technological innovation to achieve mission objectives.
- We put our customers and the mission first
- We earn trust by always being honest, maintaining integrity, and delivering results
- We take challenges head-on; we thrive on doing things that have never been done before
- Our employees are the most valuable assets we have; we believe in continuous personal and professional growth and will invest in that growth
- We believe that diverse backgrounds, skillsets, and ideas are the cornerstones of innovation
- We are not afraid to disagree with the status quo, but we will always treat each other with respect
What's in it for you?
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunities for annual performance bonuses and profit sharing
- Hours over standard bonuses
- Referral bonuses – up to $7,500
- Full health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance options from top carriers, with 100% of employee premiums paid
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (DCFSA) with qualifying health plan
- Fully paid short term and long-term disability
- 401k with up to 5% employee match
- Up to a $3,000 annual training budget
- Up to $1,000 of your annual training budget for tech refresh
- Tuition assistance
MissionTech Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer