Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound like a mission you could get behind?
The Impact You'll Make in this Role:
Mission Lane is seeking Product Managers of all experience levels and backgrounds to join our geographically diverse team. We're looking for you to bring novel, highly engaging experiences to life for our customers through creative and non-conventional thinking. In this role, you will be part of a team who has deep commitment to continuous discovery, testing, and learning into what matters most. You will work closely with key stakeholders, product and engineering to understand priorities, universal capability needs, and competitive advantages. You will be responsible for high quality execution against the product roadmap. If you want to make a lasting impact, this role is for you.
As the Product Manager, you will:
- Be a thought leader for the company -- and outside the company --- innovating and driving exceptional experiences for our customers
- Be a critical part of the Product team, leading and building out the strategy and roadmap against a key focus area
- Be creative and driven to achieve results through ‘outside the box’ thinking
- Drive results focused on quality customer experience, the growth of our business, operational efficiency and risk mitigation
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver in a high quality & high impact manner
- Be passionate about delivering fair and clear access to financial products to our customers
- Be flexible enough to take on projects crossing job definition lines (we're a startup, so you will wear more than just a PM hat)
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Mission Lane is looking for candidates who have:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience, managing technical software products from ideation to rollout and continuous optimization
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products to market at rapid speed
- Persistence and creative ‘get it done’ approach to ensure successful outcomes for your product, our customers, our employees, and our company
- Excellent communication skills to lead and inspire teams
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
You get bonus points for:
- Previous experience driving outcomes in the fintech space
- Technical experience or knowledge
At Mission Lane, we’re looking for people who have the courage to take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview process, don’t hesitate to reach out.
We’re committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and advancement opportunities
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third-party recruiters.