Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound like a mission you could get behind?
We're looking for a curious, growth-minded, well seasoned product designer with experience leading a team to join our Product Design Team as a Senior Product Design Manager, Member Experience. This is a lead role with both small-team management and hands-on design responsibilities, and an emphasis on strategy, UX, and communication.
This player/coach role on our Remote-First design org is part of the Customer Experience Office (CXO) which includes design, research, and copy/content. Reporting directly to the Head of Design, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and learn with a growing group of 11 other designers and manage a team of 3.
This is a unique opportunity to create at a company that's on the verge of becoming the household name in financial products for the 50% of Americans who aren't served by traditional financial institutions.
As a Senior Product Design Manager at Mission Lane, you will:
- Inspire, mentor, and develop a small team of designers across different segments of the Member Experience vertical
- Support your team of designers in requirements gathering and user research efforts, user flow mapping, interaction and visual design, prototyping, and (most importantly) launching and iterating on features and experiences
- Measure the success and effectiveness of the Member Experience design team
- Develop strategies and relationships that will enhance the customer experience across our Member Experience vertical
- Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
You'll thrive in this role if:
- You’ve been directly managing a team for at least 3 years
- You have 10+ years product design experience, with experience leading teams across UX, IxD, visual design, copywriting, and user research.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your ability to influence product teams and product decisions via design and research.
- You are a teacher at heart and love sharing things that will help your team learn and grow.
- You enjoy being proven wrong if it means you learn something new.
- You're a champion amongst your colleagues of a user-centered approach to building products.
- You have a track record of shipping successful products and features.
- You've worked very closely with Product and Engineering in an agile, iterative, data-informed product development environment.
- You're empathetic and have a collaborative spirit.
- You're organized, have strong attention to detail, and strong communication (written and verbal), collaboration, and presentation skills.
- You're able to work gracefully with a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
At Mission Lane, we’re looking for people who have the courage to take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview process, don’t hesitate to reach out.
We’re committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and advancement opportunities
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third-party recruiters.