Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound like a mission you could get behind?
We’re looking for a data quality, stewardship and governance leader to join our Data Science Team as a Manager of Data Stewardship. This role is critical in our mission to leverage data as an asset by becoming a subject matter expert on our data, processes, analyses, and business infrastructure.
This is a unique opportunity to join at a time when you can shape a company’s approach to data management and data stewardship and directly see the impact of that on its growth and culture. You will grow your team from the ground up and shape the direction of the stewardship role at Mission Lane. You will drive usage of data and improve the quality of decision-making at a company that’s on the verge of becoming the household name in financial products for the 50% of Americans who are not served by traditional financial institutions.
Our Core Tech Stack Includes:
SQL / GCP / Snowflake / Alation / DBT / Python / Tableau
The impact you’ll make:
- You’ll drive forward our mission of financial inclusion by
- Driving the collection and maintenance of key business metadata including: data definitions, data lineage from source to target, and application model
- Assessing current reporting infrastructure and framework; identify gaps and make recommendations for improvements
- Drafting and leading the development of effective communications materials to support critical data management processes
- Engage with the Mission Lane data community at large as a champion in the development of data management policies, best practices, and procedures
- Leading the execution of data quality control refinement and definition of KPIs for data quality measurement across multiple domains
- Performing data analysis and data mining using SQL and other tools to ensure data quality and research issues.
- Define ownership and accountability of data assets within the organization
- Providing advice and education in the usage and interpretation of data to the business users, including on-boarding and training new team members
- Growing and leading a team of data stewards supporting our business
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Make your team better on a daily basis because you are clear about goals, the team’s shared purpose, and need to execute through education, organization, and trust
- Grow members of your team because you help them identify their strengths and weaknesses, put them in a position to succeed, and get them the training and opportunities they need
- Provide subject matter expertise on data management and reporting processes when representing the domain in projects and meetings
- Have 5+ years of experience developing data management and analytics reporting frameworks
- Have 2+ years of direct management experience, including developing junior team members
- Understand data models, data taxonomy, and a deep appreciation of data standards and data quality
- Create business design, process, and organizational models using tools such as: Visio, Draw.io, Lucidchart, or similar tools
- Have experience with usage of modern metadata tools (e.g., Collibra, Allation)
- Previous experience serving in an administrative capacity for data analytics and management platforms (Data Catalog, BI tooling, etc.)
- A basic understanding of statistics used to inform data quality control and measurement
- An undergraduate or higher degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) or related field of study
You get bonus points for:
- 2+ years of experience leveraging process management and improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, Agile)
- 2+ years of experience delivering compelling visualizations through Tableau
- Experience with credit bureau and/or financial services data
- 2+ years of experience in defining data product management processes that enable domain oriented development and ownership
- Understanding of Data Mesh best practices to enable domain driven design, development, and ownership of data “as a product”
At Mission Lane, we’re looking for people who have the courage to take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview process, don’t hesitate to reach out.
We’re committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and advancement opportunities
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third-party recruiters.