Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound like a mission you could get behind?
We’re looking for Machine Learning Engineers to join our Data team. This is a unique opportunity to contribute at a company that’s on the verge of becoming the household name in financial products for the 50% of Americans who are not served by traditional financial institutions.
Our core tech stack includes: Python, Kubernetes, GCP, Snowflake
You’ll thrive in this role if:
- You’re personally motivated to help improve the financial health of the 100 million working-class Americans who live paycheck-to-paycheck
- You have a good foundation in computer science (data structures, algorithms, design patterns) and apply solid fundamentals in your software engineering (test-driven development, code review, refactoring)
- You have developed and maintained production ML systems
- You are familiar with Python and cloud technology stacks like AWS or GCP
- You are more motivated by practical solutions than theoretical elegance
- You can communicate, collaborate, compromise, and be sensitive to the needs of your partners and teammates
- A low-ego, respectful data team committed to solving practical problems together
- The chance to work at a company where machine learning is at the heart of the business and integral to both our day-to-day operation and our executive team’s strategic vision
- Excellent opportunities for career growth, with both management and technical tracks for advancement
- A team that values learning and approaches work with a “growth mindset”
You might be particularly excited about the role if you want:
- To architect machine learning platforms through a combination of established tools (e.g. Spark, Kubernetes, Airflow), development of in-house tools, and evaluation of emerging tools (like feature stores or BentoML)
- To work on fairness, accountability, and transparency in machine learning (FAccT ML) or explainable AI (XAI)
- Bachelor of Science with 5 years of relevant experience or
- Master of Science with 3 years of relevant experience or
- Ph.D with 2 years of relevant experience
At Mission Lane, we’re looking for people who have the courage to take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview process, don’t hesitate to reach out.
We’re committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and advancement opportunities
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third-party recruiters.