Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound like a mission you could get behind?
Mission Lane is looking for a Software Architect to join our Engineering team. As our Architect, you will lead and own our architectural decisions across engineering. You will be working very closely with the engineering managers and tech leads to scale and build out our class-defining Acquisitions & Decisioning services as we decompose an outdated monolith. You will represent the first step to helping struggling customers take the first steps to greater financial freedoms.
What you will do:
- Design and oversee the delivery of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints.
- Develop and maintain an aspirational architectural road map for the enterprise.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies to business stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers.
- Develop architectural metrics and reports for the Engineering Leadership
Skills and experience you possess:
- 6-8+ years’ experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (with at least 3-4 years on cloud services)
- Previous experience decomposing monolithic software stacks & associated data models to distributed services and systems
- Deep insight into Cloud – (AWS, Heroku, Azure, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of secure cloud design (across Infrastructure, Platform, Application and Data)
- Startup Experience preferred
Projects you may work on:
- Scale the Mission Lane distributed services mesh as you break down an existing monolith.
- Work on creating and architecting a scalable, secure, and sustainable acquisitions platform to handle millions of potential customers.
- Mentor and guide a group of smart talented senior engineers.
- Elevate and drive the Mission Lane Engineering brand.
Who you'll work with:
At Mission Lane, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of bringing clear and fair credit to everyone. Our culture of people-first, thoughtful teammates and class leading technology keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at MissionLane, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about helping those most in need of fair and clear credit to jump start their financial health.
- You believe the best products are built with a human-centered design process.
- You enjoy improving and modernizing software stacks.
- You love to design impactful, well crafted experiences.
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment.
At Mission Lane, we’re looking for people who have the courage to take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview process, don’t hesitate to reach out.
We’re committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you need to thrive at work and at home.
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and advancement opportunities
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App subscription, and more.
*Benefits may vary by location
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we’ve rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn’t have access to a clear line of credit. And by “clear” we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn’t do.
We understand that everyone doesn’t have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn’t done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens. That’s why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third-party recruiters.