Mishimoto is the flagship brand of Resource Intl., an industry-leading engineering firm specializing in performance automotive products. We make the best cooling systems for our favorite performance cars. We move fast, we are driven to win, and we know it is important to creaete a positive environment, whether it's under the hood of a car or at an awesome place to work. Our state-of-the-art corporate campus is located in New Castle, Delaware, with four subsidiary locations worldwide.
Benefits and Perks
Our employees love our workplace because:
- It’s a gearhead’s dream – design and develop performance automotive products
- We make way for play – join us to blow off steam and play Ping-Pong, Air Hockey, Foos-Ball or use our Large Screen so we can rock Mario-Cart.
- We take a breather – enjoy an in-house gym, massage chair, and healthy-snack vending machine.
- Our workplace is beautiful – work in an office designed to stimulate creative thinking.
- The employee discounts rock – Get exclusive access to Mishimoto products and discounts from our partners.
- The bennies – medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) w/ 4% match, Long Term and Short term disability insurance and life insurance paid for by Mishimoto.
- Dog Days! Bring your dog to work every day!
We are seeking a full-time Product Engineer who appreciates attention to detail, a versatile environment, and a broad list of product design projects. Gaining an interesting experience is something we can guarantee here. Coming into the shop, you may be challenged with designing an air intake system, developing an oil cooler setup, dyno testing an intercooler, or fabricating an oil catch can bracket. Each of these projects is likely to be on different vehicles. A BMW one week, perhaps a Miata the next. This provides the opportunity to work on a variety of vehicles and create ideal solutions for customers seeking upgraded components.
What you’ll do:
- Your typical week includes product design, fabrication, dyno testing, SolidWorks 3D modeling, and 2D drafting. If finding ways to make cars go faster and run cooler excites you, this may be your new home.
- Continuous improvement -- better-designed products are a result of you and the team brainstorming ideas and then implementing the changes.
- Problem Solving -- manufacturing issues happen. Your keen insight and troubleshooting will help Project Managers and Suppliers during the production process.
- Data Analysis – an integral part of product design, you will create, analyze, and present data and engineering Reports that will help consumers understand and appreciate the performance and quality of our products.
- You will also need an ability and willingness to assist in presentation of product discussions for social media video clips and installation videos. We’re proud of your work and we want you to be able to share it with others.
- Be a champion of growth and change for the department and for the company – always excited for a new challenge.
Along with a passion for engineering, we do expect your background to coordinate with our expectations of your ability to produce great products:
- Three - five years experience in Original Equipment Manufacture; Auto Manufacturing; heat exchangers; Engine Cooling.
- S. in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university, or related degree.
- Proficiency with 3D-modeling software, specifically SolidWorks.
- Proficiency in developing 2D drawings.
- Basic and/or in-depth knowledge of automotive components and systems.
- Knowledge of 3D Scanning equipment and applying to the design process.
- Knowledge of 3D printers and applying to the product design process.
- Experience with both fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Experience with manufacturing and quality control processes, material selection, and assembly methods.
- Experience with value engineering or cost reduction exercises.
- Hands-on experience with vehicles and fabrication tools.
- Timeliness and attention to detail are key.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills – you know your stuff and you are able to engage with your colleagues in a positive, productive way.
- An eye for cleanliness and organization (We keep a clean shop).
- Demonstrated ability to work well with your colleagues.
- Background in EFI tuning is a plus.
- Electromechanical design experience building custom machinery or test rigs.
- Bonus points for having a personal passion for auto products and the industry. You’ll be able to take your existing consumer mindset and put it to work. Nobody knows what a car enthusiast wants in a product better than a car enthusiast.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be capable of standing, maneuvering, and working on vehicles for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be comfortable working in a garage and machine shop environment.
- Light travel (less than 5%) may be required.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive a manual transmission.
Mishimoto is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We invite applications from people of all stripes. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate.