Misen is seeking a Head of Growth to lead our performance marketing, engagement, and loyalty teams to drive value and sustainable growth. The ideal candidate is a data-driven leader excited by the challenge of building a business-critical function from scratch and defining success in uncharted territory.
He or she will need to understand both the art and science of digital marketing and develop a set of successful channel strategies to optimize performance over time against a clear set of KPIs. In order to achieve this, this individual will need to partner closely with both Brand Marketing and Creative for building creative solutions and experiments to create a consistently strong brand throughout the funnel.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with data and analytics to understand the Misen customer journey and leverage insights to unlock new growth and retention opportunities
- Own the growth marketing strategy and employ a data-driven approach to develop and improve performance across all marketing channels
- Develop structured marketing tests across our end-to-end customer funnel (from acquisition through lifecycle retention) and analyze results for actionable insights
- Build dashboards for measuring and sharing results on business-critical KPIs related to growth
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of driven, highly-engaged individuals to manage the various marketing channels
Who You Are:
- Proven success driving meaningful results, ideally in B2C branding, customer acquisition, lead generation and/or revenue generation, and loyalty programs
- Highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter with the ability to process and understand large data sets
- 6+ years of progressive responsibility including experience in online marketing, product management, and/or Growth Marketing teams
- Experience in digital marketing channels such as social media marketing, display advertising, and search engine marketing
- Experience with direct response marketing
You’ll love working at Misen because:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits, a fun and relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We love dogs and currently our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost...but we welcome others to join the team.
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.
Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.