We are looking for a passionate, versatile and highly motivated member to join our Marketing team as a Ecommerce Analyst, reporting directly to our Head of Brand Marketing. The ideal candidate has two to four years of experience in using analytics to directly understand and impact customers and experience working with digital teams helping manage projects from development phase to launch. You will have the opportunity to steer our marketing, product and customer experience strategy through the identification of significant trends and advanced analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Define, analyze and validate key metrics to inform decision-making and measure the success of different teams and initiatives
- Serve as a main point of contact for triaging bugs and escalating to the engineering team when necessary
- Analyze site KPIs, customer feedback and other data to identify opportunities to improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth across product categories
- Partner with team to leverage data to identify growth/optimization opportunities and user pain points, evaluate new initiatives and recommend changes
- Perform and regularly monitor analyses to identify customer behavior and trends
- Gather requirements to build and maintain reports, data visualizations and interactive dashboards
- Ensure customer experiences is seamless throughout the funnel
- Be responsible for maintenance and overall quality of the website
Who You Are:
- 2-4 years of experience in e-commerce environment
- Understanding with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, VWO, Convert, Shopify, etc.)
- Experience with ecommerece platforms (Shopify, Magento, Solidus, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills is a plus
- Basic R or Python skills (not required, but awesome if you got them)
- Experience with QA process, including initiating, reviewing, and triaging bugs
- Understanding of data modeling concepts and practices
- Proven track record of conducting analyses and building reports that drive business decisions and strategic initiatives around site conversion
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills - passionate about storytelling via data
- Excellent critical thinking skills and business acumen
- Eager to dive in to get things done, while also driven to constantly think through ways to improve existing processes and analytical methodologies/frameworks
- Has an eye for detail, while also able to holistically understand the big picture
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and be part of a collaborative startup team where no task is too small (or large)
- You are inherently a curious person that loves to ideate, test, learn, and repeat. You love the processes itself just as much as the end result.
You’ll love working at Misen because:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits, a fun and relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We love dogs and currently our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost...but we welcome others to join the team.
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.
Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.