We are looking for an energetic and knowledgeable self starter to join our Creative Team. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, motivated, and able to think and execute creatively, with a high degree of craft.
The Video Editor will report to the Art Director and Creative Director and will be responsible for the creation of video ad creative, logging and editing raw video footage, editing video footage for site and other channels among other deliverables. Candidates should have a proven ability and portfolio that demonstrate an editorial thought process. We are looking for a conceptual thinker that has experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing and energetic environment.
What you'll do:
- Edit video for ads, website, and other marketing channels.
- Work with marketing associates, copywriters, and strategists to develop video treatments that meet company objectives.
- Digital asset management: ingesting, organizing, distributing, and archiving video footage.
- Develop templates and standardized workflows to help the company work more efficiently.
Who you are:
- You have a good design sense, and understand how to make bold, compelling visuals.
- You’re an expert in Adobe Premiere, and have a general understanding of After Effects, Davinci Resolve, and Photoshop.
- You have a good understanding of all stages of production, and how those stages impact post-production.
- You love testing new creative concepts and know how to quickly edit new concepts based upon results.
- You have a clear understanding of video ad placement within performance marketing channels, like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest.
- You are a strong and effective communicator.
- You are detail-oriented and have strong project management and organizational skills; you can manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- You are creative and analytical. You understand the importance of effectively balancing both in order to achieve results.
- You are a self starter who’s comfortable with problem solving on the fly and are eager to grow.
- You are inherently a curious person that loves to ideate, test, learn, and repeat. You love the processes itself just as much as the end result.
You’ll love working at Misen because:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits, a fun and relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We love dogs and currently our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost...but we welcome others to join the team.
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.
Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.