Misen is seeking a Senior Email Associate to oversee and develop our retention program. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience with all aspects of an email program, from segmentation strategies to HTML and is eager to grow our program in these markets. You will be working closely with our entire Marketing and Creative team to support the growth and strategy of our email and retention marketing efforts. This position is based out of our headquarters in Greenpoint Brooklyn and reports to the Head of Brand Marketing.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll oversee the development and execution of email marketing campaigns
- You’ll drive performance of the program meeting KPIs for individual email marketing campaigns, list growth and deliverability
- You’ll create a robust segmentation and testing strategy aimed at personalizing the customer experience and these touchpoints in their journey
- You’ll regularly generate new ideas for engaging email content to retain customers and attract prospects
- Develop new and engaging content ideas for both existing and prospective customers to aid in the creation of the email calendar
- You’ll partner with cross-functional teams across the organization to understand key initiatives that maximize the use of the email channel to drive awareness & engagement
- You’ll share insights and performance to continue to iterate on our email marketing tactics
- You’ll work with the creative team to manage and oversee all aspects of the email development process (e.g., briefing design and copy teams, creative review, routing, and deployment)
- Own the development of email marketing messages from initial concept and briefing through asset delivery, partnering closely with the creative team in the development of all email marketing assets
- Analyze campaigns using Klaviyo and Google Analytics, monitoring key metrics and KPIs that impact customer retention and overall email program performance
- Regularly report on email performance, tracking progress towards channel goals and sharing key insights with various cross-functional audiences
- Expand our strategies to drive subscriber sign-ups across multiple touch points
- Conduct regular competitive research and share learnings on other brands’ email messaging strategies & opt-in tactics
Who You Are:
- You have 3-4 years of relevant work experience, including at least 1 year of experience in an email marketing role
- You have experience with an ESP such as SendGrid, Klaviyo, Bronto, Iterable, Braze, or ExactTarget
- You’re both creative and analytical, and are fascinated by the intersection of creativity and performance
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You love data and are always looking for ways to inform new ideas, tests, and other improvements for the program using data-driven insights
- You have experience with Super Metrics and/or Google Analytics and are comfortable working in Microsoft Excel
- You’re highly organized and excel in time management
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring emails are deployed perfectly for every send
- You have a collaborative working style and enjoy building strong cross-functional relationships
- You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable tackling problems in ambiguous situations
- You’re highly adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory environments (e.g. GDPR or CASL)
You’ll love working at Misen because:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits, a fun and relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We love dogs and currently our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost...but we welcome others to join the team.
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.
Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.