Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.
We’re looking for the right person to come onboard and lead Outreach and Partnerships at Misen, ensuring we’re properly aligning ourselves with other incredible companies and organizations, and that Misen is well represented in various media outlets, both online and off.
The ideal candidate has prior experience interacting with both food and non-food media publications, is intimately familiar with the Direct-to-Consumer, and overall food/kitchenware/cooking ecosystems, and is a connector who thrives partnering with others.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and execute internal outreach efforts, and manage external PR agency, to drive earned media.
- Cultivate relationships with influencers in the food and hospitality industries (and others) to develop brand evangelists.
- Cultivate relationships with other companies and organizations to help execute on partnerships/collaborations.
- Generate and execute on partnership/campaign ideas.
- Represent the Misen brand externally at events.
Who You Are
- 1-3 years of consumer marketing experience, ideally (but not required) at another digital-first commerce brand, food media, or pr agency.
- Strong familiarity with comparable direct-to-consumer companies (ex: Warby Parker, Everlane, etc.), food + kitchenware companies, food media companies, influencers in the food world.
- Strong familiarity securing earned media from food and non-food media organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Clear ability to deliver the most salient and compelling points for an intended audience.
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and be part of a collaborative startup team where no task is too small (or large).
You’ll love working at Misen because:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits, a fun and relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We love dogs! Currently our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost, but we welcome others to join the team.
What Does ‘Misen’ Mean?
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.