Our mission at Misen (www.misen.co) is to inspire and enable great cooking. For us, well-made kitchen tools are essential to that; whether it’s getting a perfect golden sear with a quality pan or beautifully slicing vegetables with a sharp knife, quality tools create better meals - and just make cooking more fun. By selling directly to consumers online and cutting out retail middlemen, we’re able to offer thoughtfully designed and premium-quality kitchen tools at honest prices.
We launched in 2015, with our Chef’s Knife raising over $1M in Kickstarter pledges. Since then, we’ve been slowly expanding our offerings for the kitchen—including stainless steel cookware and nonstick pans—and have even bigger plans for the future. Now, we’re looking for a few incredible humans to help us build the next phase of our growth.
We are looking for an energetic and knowledgeable self starter to join our Creative Team. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, motivated, and able to think and execute creatively, with a high degree of craft.
The Senior Visual Designer will report to the Head of Brand and Creative Director and will be responsible for the creation of marketing promotions, web assets, online acquisition creative, email banner content, landing page designs, one-off modal designs, package design, editorial compositions and print collateral. Candidates should have a proven ability and portfolio that demonstrate an editorial thought process with designs that adhere to brand guidelines and maintain brand voice, while simultaneously pushing the status quo. We are looking for a conceptual thinker that has experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing and energetic environment.
What You’ll Do
- Development and execution of email designs for holiday campaigns, one-off promotions, flow promotions and brand communications.
- Create innovative email designs using animated GIFs, clever use of typography, layout, and photography.
- Create innovative landing page designs with direction from Marketing Team and Head of Brand.
- Build email capture and Shopify product pages adhering to brand guidelines with understanding of commerce strategy
- Build Clean Photoshop, Illustrator and XD files that can be used and worked on later by other team members if needed
- Maintain and evolve graphic and brand standards for Misen emails
- Follow and maintain brand identity characteristics, typography, photography, color etc., evolving when necessary.
- Communicate timelines, specs and needs effectively to ensure timely delivery of assets.
- Work with Creative Team and Marketing Team on holiday email strategy and execution
Who You Are
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience designing for emails, landing pages, shop pages and email capture modals for e-commerce or DTC, a must.
- Ability to work independently, balanced with strong collaboration skills.
- Basic understanding of the constraints and capabilities of working with developers and web technologies.
- Online portfolio that features a strong mix of branding, typographic, and self-initiated work.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD and other Adobe Suite Apps a plus.
- Photo retouching skills.
- Front-end and email HTML , CSS experience, AfterEffects experience a big plus.
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and be part of a collaborative startup team where no task is too small (or large)
- You are inherently a curious person that loves to ideate, test, learn, and repeat. You love the processes itself just as much as the end result.
You’ll love working at Misen because:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, generous health benefits, a fun and relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We love dogs and currently our “CEO” (Chief Eating Officer), Fluffnut, rules the roost...but we welcome others to join the team.
What Does ‘Misen’ Mean?
Our name comes from ‘mise en place’ — a culinary term that means “to put in place.” Chefs use the term to describe the process of setting up their stations before service. Misen is an ode to mise en place; better cooking through proper preparation with quality tools.