The Electrical Engineer shall provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under moderate supervision. The Engineer shall participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
- Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
- Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or other components.
- Develop, update and use electrical engineering calculation tools to come up with cable, conduit, OCPD and other electrical equipment sizing based on project
- Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
- Understand fault currents, appropriate transformer sizing, over-current device coordination approaches, complete voltage drop calculations and know how to appropriate size conductors for conditions of use.
- Provide complete documentation, product choice, verification and BOM
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects
- Design and drafting of PV and ESS systems, single line diagrams, general layouts, and planset revisions
- Coordinate with local plan checkers and utilities for successful permitting and interconnection of all projects.
- Perform site surveys at customer and project locations
- Interpret engineered plansets, including electrical diagrams, panel schedules, structural diagrams, architectural plans, etc.
- Power / Electrical Engineer will take directions from Department Manager.
- Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components
- IGBTs,MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
- Understanding of conversion equipment, components and power supplies
- Ability to design electrical drawings (single line/three line) in Autocad
- Knowledge of Municipal codes, NEC, IFC and related
“MEG” is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Motive Energy Group provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. “MEG” does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.