Underground and aerial fiber optic splice/tester
- Travels to and from job sites
- Ability to fusion splice SM ribbon and loose tube fiber optic cables, to include or terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (ST, SC, LC)
- Installs and tests pressurized and non-pressurized closures on all types and sizes of cable
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets, and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents.
- Performs daily tests, checks and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
- Performs optical continuity and conformance testing
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations
- Adheres to company policies, regulations, procedures, and principles.
- Performs other duties as needed and directed.
- Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment including, Alcoa Fujikura, GN Net Test, EXFO, Fitel, Sumitomo, and Viavi.
- Basic understanding of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to read, review, interpret and understand technical documents.
- Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks, etc.)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy Telecommunications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Motive Energy Telecommunications complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy Telecommunications expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.